Route to shared gateway

Gino Douven

Oct 14, 2016
Hello Community,

I am new to the proxmox envirement and this week i am trying to get something done which i can not seem to understand. (also new to linux). I hope someone of you guys are willing to help me with my problem here :)

I really want internet sharing between the 192.168.2.x and 192.168.3.x subnets

Proxmox host - 192.168.2.20 gateway 192.168.2.254 (internet connection)

I have 2 debian containers:

Cloudrouter eth0 - 192.168.2.21/24 gw 192.168.2.254 and eth1 192.168.3.21 (internet works ofcourse)

Clientserver eth0 - 192.168.3.1

- i have enabled ipv4 forwarding in 192.168.2.21
- i can ping 192.168.2.21 from 192.168.3.1 (but not further to the main gateway)

i can't seem to get routing between the cloudrouters interfaces..

I really appreacite any help and thank you in advance!

Hi Gino
If you want your "cloudserver" to act as a router for the 192.168.3 network, did you set your "clientserver" to have a default route to 192.168.3.21?

Also you need to make sure that the eth0 of clientserver and the eth1 of cloudrouter are on the same bridge ( you can create a new bridge for that)

Thank you Manu,

By default route i assume you mean gateway. They were all in the main bridge vmbr0. So maybe thats the reason it dind't worked.

For some reason my OVSBridge wont start after reboots :(. I've read something about the standard version being from debian and not compatible?

Thx in advance !

Thank you Manu,

By default route i assume you mean gateway. They were all in the main bridge vmbr0. So maybe thats the reason it dind't worked.

For some reason my OVSBridge wont start after reboots :(. I've read something about the standard version being from debian and not compatible?

Thx in advance !

So is the network working now between your two VMs ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!