Role to connect usb device

Ronei

Dec 11, 2018
Hello all ! This is my first thread.
I have PVE 5.3-5 running smoothly.
I have several VMs running for some specific user. I though once he is assigned to this PVEVMAdmin rule, he could insert and remove a USB Stick via web browser, but he can't. I have been trying to find a rule in which a user can configure USB Sticks, but it seens only root can do it. I am configuring my own role, adding/removing privileges, but no success so far. Is there a way to let the VM Admin user do this? Thank you !

currently there is no role for modifying host hardware (which includes usb/pci/serial devices), but it is planned for a future release

Reactions: Ronei
currently there is no role for modifying host hardware (which includes usb/pci/serial devices), but it is planned for a future release

Thank you, Dominik.
I am looking forward for that feature !

Hi.. is there any update for non root user for ataching usb device .
in version 7.4 i still get "only root can modify 'usb0' config for real devices (500)"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!