Roadmap

brucexx

Renowned Member
Mar 19, 2015
was jsut looking at the roadmap and release history. I see upcoming Ceph Jewel and DRBD9 improvements - are we talking weeks for like 4.2.x update or months for 4.3.x bigger update ?

Thank you

Both have still some unresolved bugs (the upstream project) As soon as there are new releases, we integrate them very fast into the current 4.2 release.

Both have still some unresolved bugs (the upstream project) As soon as there are new releases, we integrate them very fast into the current 4.2 release.

Tom,

What bugs in Ceph jewel are you referring to ?

Yes that bug needs to go away ;-) I have another small question about the usage of the Ceph Jewel in the next release of Proxmox. Will there be an easy way to use BlueStore? Random writes 2x performance I hope it is considered

Yes that bug needs to go away ;-) I have another small question about the usage of the Ceph Jewel in the next release of Proxmox. Will there be an easy way to use BlueStore? Random writes 2x performance I hope it is considered

BlueStore is still experimental in Ceph Jewel. Nobody will stop you from manually setting it up and playing around with it - but it's not yet ready to be used by default / out of the box.

BlueStore is still experimental in Ceph Jewel. Nobody will stop you from manually setting it up and playing around with it - but it's not yet ready to be used by default / out of the box.

Ceph 12.1 RC was released today, changelog states that:

The new BlueStore backend for ceph-osd is now stable and the new default for newly created OSDs

Will this be considered for integration( as a default?) in the 5.* branch of Proxmox once they do a stable release? (perhaps for 5.1? or even 5.0? :) )

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!