I just starting the tests In Proxmox v5 and LXC
now, I have in my nodes 2 Eth devices
eth0 - for internet
eth1 - for internal network, backups and Cluster members IPs
anyway, now I have
2 network devices
2 Linux Bridges, vmbr0 for Internet IPs
and vmbr1 for internal network use
now, from the LXC container, if I assign some internal IP, for example: 192.168.0.21
it's not working and not able to connect with another devices with Internal IPs, for example with the backups NAS at 192.168.0.11

so, my questions:
1. any suggestions why it's now working for me?
2. any smart option to manage the LXC internal IPs as dhcp with the OVS or any other good settings for that standard structure?

Regards,

1. are you sure the LXC NIC is on the right bridge ? (vmbr1 in your setup, and vmbr1 should contain eth1 as port member)
2. nothing special here, as long as the bridge is properly done, containes having their interface connected to the bridge will be able to connect to a DHCP server located in your LAN

why did you choose open-vswitch by the way ? anything you could not achive with the default linux bridges ?

Hi,
thanks for your response!
1. Yes, am using vmbr1 in eth3, the local network IP
2. we don't have dhcp on our lan, possible to create one for each node with OVS?
this is the right way?
3. why to choose open-vswitch?
I don't want to manage internal server IPs pools for each node and avoid duplication IPs

Regards,

he
Hi,
thanks for your response!
1. Yes, am using vmbr1 in eth3, the local network IP
2. we don't have dhcp on our lan, possible to create one for each node with OVS?
this is the right way?
3. why to choose open-vswitch?
I don't want to manage internal server IPs pools for each node and avoid duplication IPs

Regards,
1. you said eth1 was used for the local network in the original post ?
2. OVS is a virtual switch technology to connect the virtual NICs of the VM to your physical network, it has nothing to do with DHCP and IP adresses
3. for this you should set up a DHCP server like isc dhscp, or the gateway that your ISP gave you provides DHCP with internal private addresses

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!