restoring VM from qcow2

maxa

Oct 26, 2015
Serbia
Hi forum,
I have a problem with restoring VM from saved .qcow2 file.
Actually, my hdd with proxmox installation is broken, but the storage disk is alive and healthy ;)
I have several machines, actually folder images with saved qcow2 files, and I try to follow the instructions from some threads from this forum (for example thread " Deploying a QCOW2 image on V.2 ") but I always get the same error:

Code:
Running as unit 110.scope.
Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory

TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/systemd-run --scope --slice qemu --unit 110 -p 'CPUShares=1000' /usr/bin/kvm -id 110 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/110.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/110.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/110.pid -daemonize -smbios 'type=1,uuid=6f8b3f57-6364-4496-81b1-6806b111812f' -name vm110 -smp '1,sockets=1,cores=1,maxcpus=1' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on,strict=on,reboot-timeout=1000' -vga cirrus -cpu kvm64,+lahf_lm,+sep,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,-kvm_steal_time,enforce -m 2048 -k en-us -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.2,chassis_nr=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1f' -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.1,chassis_nr=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1e' -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -iscsi 'initiator-name=iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:a140caa24fa' -drive 'if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=threads' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=200' -device 'ahci,id=ahci0,multifunction=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7' -drive 'file=/mnt/kiki/images/110/vm-110-disk-1.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-sata0,format=qcow2,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'ide-drive,bus=ahci0.0,drive=drive-sata0,id=sata0,bootindex=100' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap110i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown' -device 'e1000,mac=8E:29:8F:96:69:DA,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300'' failed: exit code 1

If anyone can give me some constructive advice, I'll be very grateful.

I solved this issue, the problem was in BIOS, after disaster BIOS was reset to default so virtualization was disabled...
Sorry for interrupting forum :)
Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!