[SOLVED] Restore vm to new vm-id ?

adoII

Renowned Member
Jan 28, 2010
Is there a way in proxmox Backup Server to restore an image backup to a new machine ?
I would like e.g. to restore backup vm/100 to vm/101 ? In some situations it is impoortant to keep vm/100 up and running

You can do so in PVE by going to the storage itself and select the backup you want to restore. You should be able to define a VMID. If the VM from which this backup was created is still running, make sure to check the "unique" checkbox so that MAC addresses and other things get regenerated.

Thanks Aaron, but I do not find this. Where can i see or select a backup in proxmox-ve ?
PS: I am using proxmox backup server

In the tree view on the left, if you expand on a node, you should also see all the storages. One of them is the one for the backup server. If you then blick in the submenu on "Backup" you should see a large list of the backups available. You can use the search field in the top right.

Reactions: Yanik and aasami
Yes, we talk about the same menu.
But I can not change the vm id on restore when the storage is on a proxmox backup server

You cannot edit the VM ID in the restore VM window like in this screenshot?

1614339134355.png

Reactions: levtol
No I cannot:-(

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-02-26 12-50-17.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-02-26 12-50-17.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 191
Your screen looks like the one when you select the VM, and then the Backup panel for that VM.

If you select the storage in the tree view on the far left, you should get the panel from my screenshot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!