Resetting network settings to default

Andrew Holybee

Mar 27, 2017
I am used to setting the bond in PVE then changing VMBR0 to the bond but made a mistake in PBS as its a little different and set the IP the same for EN0 and the bond and now can’t get in. I tried to SSH into

Well if your Server has no internet connection because the network settings are wrong, you need to find a way to access your Server without Internet.
Depending on where that server is set up, there are a couple of different ways to do this. One would be to take a monitor and keyboard and walk to the server, plug yourself in and change the network settings. If that is not possible because the server is hosted in a datacenter you don't have access to, you could ask for them to give you a KVM. That way you can have access to a keyboard and monitor attached to the server via the internet.

Reactions: Andrew Holybee
Well if your Server has no internet connection because the network settings are wrong, you need to find a way to access your Server without Internet.
Depending on where that server is set up, there are a couple of different ways to do this. One would be to take a monitor and keyboard and walk to the server, plug yourself in and change the network settings. If that is not possible because the server is hosted in a datacenter you don't have access to, you could ask for them to give you a KVM. That way you can have access to a keyboard and monitor attached to the server via the internet.
Thanks so much I must have been more tired then I thought when I posted. This is my lab and I have physical access I put in the reset network command then the apply command and its working now. I just have to figure out how to do the bond correctly this time as its a little different

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!