Request: munin

Alessandro 123

May 22, 2016
Is possible to ship a preconfigured munin in all proxmox installation ? Just to have graph about disks, memory, cpu and so on.

It shouldn't be too hard to add. Obviously all bind to 127.0.0.1
The same graph could be then shown on PVE interface.

no - we don't include extra software unless there is a good reason to (and there are already graphs on the GUI for memory, disk, cpu and so on?).

If I remember properly, the disks graph shown in PVE isn't the same as munin. Munin show much more info about disks, like latency, iops and so on.

Personally I think it is better to deliver PVE with some minimal standard set of tools, and let user install add-on software if he wants. Otherwise someone might complain why munin, why not nagios, icinga, monit, zabbix, or whatever...

I agree, but munin is very simple and I meant it only for the graphing purposes.
A good graph set working out-of-the-box would be a nice feature.

Sure, but I meant something integrated in the PVE dashboard with details on disk latency and so on without external tools

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!