"removed" LVM + iSCSI storage from web gui, VG and target still mounted?

m.ardito

Feb 17, 2010
Torino, Italy
Hi,
I just removed from the web gui all storage I had on a NAS, since I have to do some maintenance on it (all kvm/qt resources have been moved before to other similar storage, temporarily).

From the cli, though, I see that the OS has not umounted/disconnected anything... ? neither the NFS or the LVM or the iSCSI device.
It seems the only thing web gui did is to remove them from storage.conf (which I backed up before), I guess I'll have to remove them manually from CLI.

Since pve added those automatically when I added them from the web gui, couldn't it be better if pve web gui could at least ask me if I wish to really umount/disconnect those storage resources also from the OS?

I mean a user must be able to edit fstab and use lvm and iscsiadm commands, in the right way, by hand and he *never saw* how pve mounted/connected those resource, since it was automatic and handled from web gui.

He could *wish* to do manually that, but an option to do also the "low level" work while removing them from the web gui could be useful too...

or am I missing something?
Marco

Last edited:
nope, I guess it is intentional not to unmount those resources.
it could be safer, but not offering an option for that and not even notice the user from the gui is wrong, imho.

Marco

yes, I can find how to umount nfs, delete lvm, remove iscis connection, but that has to be done manually for all nodes!!!
I'm lucky to have only 2 nodes... and it's incredible that no devs even comment on this...

[edit]
vgremove on one node removed lvm on both nodes
iscsiadm logout had to be done on each node...

Marco

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!