Relay Access Denied

jcputter

Apr 24, 2008
Hi
I am running Proxmox with EXCHANGE 2003, in exchange i allowed an external ip to relay though my exchange,but how do i allow it though proxmox?

how to i allow external host to send mail thought our mailserver?

Hi
I am running Proxmox with EXCHANGE 2003, in exchange i allowed an external ip to relay though my exchange,but how do i allow it though proxmox?

how to i allow external host to send mail thought our mailserver?

Hi,

add the IP to this list: Configuration/Mail Proxy/Networks - Internal (trusted) IP Networks/Hosts

Access Denied

Yes the adding the ip allows the that ip to send me from that location to our mail server if the sending address is in the same domain ,but if the user is in a diffrent domain it doesnt allow it.

Yes the adding the ip allows the that ip to send me from that location to our mail server if the sending address is in the same domain ,but if the user is in a diffrent domain it doesnt allow it.

just a quick guess: are you sure that this smtp conntect to the internal port of your proxmox server (see Configurtation/Mail Proxy/Ports - internal port)?

my proxmox port is 25 my internal port for exchange outgoing is 26

hi,

the point is: how is your network/clients configured?

you have to make sure that the clients connect on the internal port.

relay

ok but must i then port forward port 26 to my exchange?
so i must change the incoming port aswell?

outgoing is 26 to proxmox so my incoming must also be 26?

ok but must i then port forward port 26 to my exchange?
so i must change the incoming port aswell?

outgoing is 26 to proxmox so my incoming must also be 26?

Hi

I suggest you take also a look in our documentation, explaining in detail the system (especially the deployment guide would be interesting for you).

relay

i understand that proxmox incoming port is 25 and accepts mail from exchange on port 26 .thats fine

but my external clients connect directly to my exchange via pop3, but can send mail via smtp. how do i do that?

tried change they're smtp port to 26 and port forward 26 to my exchange but no luck

I guess the simplest solution is to use a second IP address to connect directly to your exchange.

Or configure your clients to use a special port to send via your exchange server (and redirecting that port at the firewall).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!