Recommended method for offsite snapshot storage with a busy node

warbux

Apr 28, 2014
Hi,

I have PVE 3.x installed on dedicated servers at 15 different data centers for my VPN service. I have been wanting to implement offsite snapshot storage for awhile now but had not had the time or hardware to do it until now. My VPN nodes are in use 24/7 and most of them have large 1Gbit uplinks. I have always stored the snapshots locally and then FTPed them manually but I want to find a better method. I have to be mindful of the bandwidth and processor power taken to transfer the snapshots and I am looking for something that is fairly simple to deploy. The only technology I really have experience with is NFS and I may use that but first I would like to get the communities opinions on offsite storage and more importantly the impact it will have on my current resources.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!