Question openvz to ltc (networking failing)

Ivan Gonzalez

Renowned Member
Jan 20, 2014
Miami, Florida, United States
hello, im taking an older vm openvz and taking to newer proxmox server and is converting it to LTC automatic but the networking after converting will not work in container ..

anything needs to be done on my end ?

thanks for any help

Hi,

you have to configure the network.
The converter does not keep the network setting.

Please provide some information about your Network config and the container config.

Please provide some information about your Network config and the container config.
sorry dont understand, i have added the new network details from the web cp, and i edit the network details within the container.. it boots up but just doesnt want to ping or get access online.

please keep in mind the old vm is from 3.4 and new system is running the latest 5.x proxmox, it boots just network wont work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!