Quarantine Web Interface

M

mojo

Is there a separate url for users to log into the quarantine web interface? I haven't spotted any mention of one in the documentation. However, every attempt I make to log into https://proxmox-mail-gateway.tld/ results in "Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server."

You will get a daily report (if configured), including the link.

If you enabled also LDAP authenitcation for your users, just go to:

https://proxmox-mail-gateway.tld/userquar/

Thank you! I'm just setting up Proxmox Mail Gateway and wanted to test the ldaps integration. I haven't sent any messages through the system yet so there are no reports currently. I wanted to test the user login before I went any further.

Hi
thanks for the /userquar/ link, but actually (we have a tested and working LDAP profile) we do not manage to login neither using the mailaddress of a given user nor his or her domain-account-name nor their "fully qualified" loginname (like domain\user).

please advise
hk

we do not manage to login neither using the mailaddress of a given user nor his or her domain-account-name nor their "fully qualified" loginname (like domain\user).

Login works with proxmox internal ticket system, so there is no need for any LDAP.

Hi,
we explicitely choose authentication "LDAP or Ticket" in order to enable users to logon to the quarantine without using any tickets.
(and because we can't get any ticket-access for new users before the nightly run of the spam reports)
This should work shouldn't it?

please advise,
hk

we explicitely choose authentication "LDAP or Ticket" in order to enable users to logon to the quarantine without using any tickets.

Oh, I misunderstood your problem. Sure, ldap login should work using the email address.
Is there any hint in syslog?

Hi
thanks for the fast reply.
After we manually did a "proxspamreport" and logged in the first time using the ticket it now allows access via ldap too.

befor that we got:
May 30 16:37:46 mailgate proxwww[5694]: ldap login administrator@xyz.at failed

regarding the proxspamreport my question would be if we could choose somehow a full domain to report the spams for (and deliver to the individual recipients).

please let us know what the correct procedure is in order to get access via ldap-authentication to the quarantine webinterface.

thanks again,
hk

Last edited:
Hi again,
is there any possibility to change the logo (or even the colors) for the userinterface to the quarantine?

thanks in advance,
hk

regarding the proxspamreport my question would be if we could choose somehow a full domain to report the spams for (and deliver to the individual recipients).

No, that is only possible if you write a script yourself (using --nomail option)

please let us know what the correct procedure is in order to get access via ldap-authentication to the quarantine webinterface.

Confused - you wrote that it works now? Or you you have same problem with other accounts?

I was able to get the Base URL to redirect instead of giving a 403 by editing the apache config (I have to do this after every update)

I was able to accomplish this by adding an ErrorDocument 403 to the apache config (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default) - Add ErrorDocument 403 https://website.com/userquar/

<Directory /var/www/proxmox>
Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
ErrorDocument 403 https://website.com/userquar/
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

Then
Reload Apache2 - /etc/init.d/apache2 reload

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!