quarantine question

JosefMaier

May 21, 2005
hi,

is there a quarantaine for filtered spam or virus emails?
how can i access these mails?

I am using mailgateway standard 1.0 three domains, my mail/groupwareserver is exchange 2003

any help is welcome

josef

hi,

Proxmox Mail Gateway does not have a quarantaine section for several reasons.

But there are methods to handle this issue via the proxmox rule system. For example, if you use microsoft exchange 2000/2003, you can configure a public folder for quarantaine.

1. Create a public folder in exchange
2. "Mail enable" the public folder (remember e-mail address)
3. Set appropriate client permission (note: anonymous must have the right to create items)
4. go to your Proxmox web interface to the rules, click on actions
5. Add a new action object, select "Add BCC" and type under receiver the email address from point 2 (the public folder email address), click save!
6. Click on Rules and select the "Mark spam" rule. Now you can add the previous created action to this rule.
7. All identified spam messages are now forwarded into the public folder.

another tip:
you can configure the public folder to delete all messages older than 14 days automatically. this configuration is done via the exchange system manager (see "age limit")

hope it helps,
martin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!