Quarantine and aliases

Francesco M. Taurino

Renowned Member
Jan 29, 2016
hi all,

I've a problem with the user access to the quarantine. Say I have 4 or 5 aliases on a couple of domains,
all of them with the same "inbox" server as destination.
If I receive a spam mail on the "myname@firstdomain.it" alias, I can access the quarantine user interface
and choose if this mail is spam or not. But I cannot see other spam mail received on the other aliases.
So for 4 aliases, 4 different tokens and login to the quarantine interface.

Is this behaviour correct?

Many thanks,

Francesco

hi all,

I've a problem with the user access to the quarantine. Say I have 4 or 5 aliases on a couple of domains,
all of them with the same "inbox" server as destination.
If I receive a spam mail on the "myname@firstdomain.it" alias, I can access the quarantine user interface
and choose if this mail is spam or not. But I cannot see other spam mail received on the other aliases.
So for 4 aliases, 4 different tokens and login to the quarantine interface.

Is this behaviour correct?

Many thanks,

Francesco

Every email address gets their own quarantine section. If you have your email addresses and email aliases in a LDAP directory, you will get only one quarantine for ALL.

I've a working ldap source for users, but every alias has its quarantine.
Aliases have been defined manually in postfix:

virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf

ldap-aliases.cf:

server_host = ldaps://myldapserver
version = 3
bind = no
timeout = 5
search_base = ou=xxxx,c=xx
query_filter = (&(!(loginshell=/bin/false))(objectClass=gosaMailAccount)(|(uid=%s)(mail=%s@zzzDOMAIN)(mailAlternateAddress=%s@zzzDOMAIN)(mailAlternateAddress=%s@yyyDOMAIN)))
result_attribute = mailRoutingAddress
result_filter = %s

Perhaps an incorrect, for quarantine management, ldap search query?

f

You need to configure LDAP on the Proxmox Mail Gateway

"Configuration/User Management/LDAP"

It's already configured and users and groups are synced and can login into their "first alias" quarantine.
We have two ldap servers for a domain, with users on four different inbox servers, as
their username initial (a-c, d-k, l-p, q-z). It's an old setup, but it's working with no problem in
the last years. With the web interface it's not clear how to setup this scenario. Via postfix configuration
files it's a snap, but perhaps this conflicts with pmg...

Post a screenshot of your LDAP profile, on the bottom there is a list of accounts and you should be able the show the email addresses of these accounts.

So as long as you see multiple email addresses on these accounts, you will get only one quarantine area. If not, fix you LDAP profile setup.

It was my fault. In the ldap configuration I forgot to include "mailAlternateAddress" as an email attribute. Now it's working as expected. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!