qm create error

P

px2_4ever

hello,
when I want to create a vm, I get the following error !
# create a new VM with 4 GB ide disk #
qm create 300 -ide0 4 -net0 e1000 -cdrom debian-6.0.3-i386-xfce+lxde-CD-1.iso
# error !
no storage ID specified (and no default storage)

thank you very much in advance.
best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
the error message seems a good hint.

create the VM via gui and you will see whats needed.

I do not have access to the GUI because port 8006 is closed ,that's why I put this message. (I know that I believe should include: memory, hard drive, OS, IP address )but I have not found the exact command.
thank you for helping me.

how do install (console) if you do not have access to the gui?

Access problems in ports udp .I have just the connection of the faculty :s
(I know that I believe should include: memory, hard drive, OS, IP address )but I have not found the exact command.

see 'man qm'

qm create 101 --memory 1024 --sockets 1 -ostype l26 --onboot yes --keyboard fr --name test101 --acpi yes --kvm yes --virtio0 'guests:vm-disk-104-1' --virtio0 8

thank you for correcting me this command, you have experience on Proxmox beside me it's my first hand hold
I would be very grateful
thank you once again

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!