QEMU backup question

Kaanha

Jan 4, 2013
I'm currently backing up my 730GB QEMU VM. Now only a fraction of the HD space is being used in this VM. When it does finish the backup, the LZO file size is only 11GB.

However it takes 8 - 12 hours for this single VM to back up. What would be causing it to take so long to back up?

The server I'm using is a 16 Core 2.53GHz with 24GB of RAM and I'm using ProxMox version: 2.2-32/3089a616.

My containers don't take no where near as long to back up, my biggest container with a 100GB HD and compresses down to around 10GB only takes about 5 minutes maybe a little more to back up.

All of the VM's are run on an LVM spanned over 3 2TB HD's and are being backed up to an NFS via Gigabit

post the full backup log.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!