PXE boot floppy img from www.netbootdisk.com (trouble with all 3 network cards)

sxxxe83

Jan 2, 2012
Hi!

Is anyone familiar with www.netbootdisk.com
The Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk is a DOS bootdisk that provides TCP/IP networking support. It's designed for use in Microsoft networking environments, on either peer-to-peer or domain based LANs. Currently 98 different network card drivers all included, all on the single 1.44MB disk!

I'm trying to PXE boot this image so I can do an unattended install of Windows XP (it works very vell with virtualbox or was it VM Ware Player...)

I have tried to update both the Intel E1000 and Realtek 8139 DOS drivers in this netbootdisk image, with no success.
Is it much work for me, to downgrade one or both of the network adapter drivers in proxmox?

--Torgeir

Last edited:
why don´t you use just a simple MS WDS server to deploy windows, and do network boot on Proxmox VE?

I've been trying to avoid such, to have this as minimalistic as possible (just home use, and for fun), have no real servers (just old laptops etc).
But when I recently added an Win 2008 AD server, I could look into WDS as well.

--Torgeir

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!