[SOLVED] PVE5 : Installation aborded

Name

Nov 16, 2017
Hi All,

I'am french newbi user, trying to install PVE5 on a mini PC.
This PC already setup with pFSense, but I would like to install pFsense under ProxMox, then I will be able to create another server like CentOs to host a NAS with Shared Folder (TFTP, NFS, ...) and another one for my home web server.

During installation process, I got an error just after initialization of the IP address

Can you please help me to understand this issue, I try installation with debug mode, but got no more information ; I'll try to look at the dsmeg, but don't find anything wrong (maybe it's because I'am not sure what to looking for)

With google, some thread indicate a graphic card trouble, but I don't see any error log about this in dmesg.

Thanks for your help

My mini PC is buying with AliExpress : Hystou Mini PC Windows 10 Intel NUC N3160 Fanless Barebone Mini-Ordinateur 2 Lan HDMI 4 K HTPC TV Box Nano Industrielle Mini PC VESA

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 28
please provide the content of /tmp/install.log inside that rescue shell

Hi and thanks for your help, sorry there is no install.log into /tmp I've look into /var/tmp and no file too

Attachments

• 20171117_204433.jpg
    20171117_204433.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 21
does the kernel log ("dmesg") contain any obvious error messages? looks like the actual installer is not even starting / crashing right at the start? what happens if you enter "xinit" into the debug shell?

When I execute "xinit" into the debug shell, I got :
Code:
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found (EE)
(EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at xxxx://wiki.x.org
 for help
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additionnal information.
(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file
When I look into Xorg.0.log, I find some line indicated, it can't find config for the screen :
Code:
[...]
[    201.854] (EE) dbus-core: error connecting to system bus: org.freedesktop.DB$
[...]
[    201.859] (EE) Failed to load module "vesa" (module does not exist, 0)
[...]
[    201.865] (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section
My screen is a iiyama X2481HS-B1 and it's connecting throw an HDMI cable, it's a classic 1920x1080 screen.
I'll join log files, maybe you'll find more information

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    44.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Xorg.0.log
    6.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, effectivly, I finally installed ProxMox VE 5 and make my home network work fine using VM under pfSense.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!