PVE, Snapshot unsuccessful stopped, how to remove?

May 6, 2021
Bern, Switzerland
Hello there
Tried to do a snapshot on a large vm with 160G RAM including it, but was in a hurry.
So I tried to stop it, but the host came into unsresponsive and needed to restartet.
After that, the snapshot was still visible and while trying to delete, it ended after removing with:
Removing image: 98% complete...
Removing image: 99% complete...
Removing image: 100% complete...done.
TASK ERROR: VM 139 qmp command 'blockdev-snapshot-delete-internal-sync' failed - Snapshot with id 'null' and name 'before_upgrade_20240926' does not exist on device 'drive-scsi0'

I don't see any leftovers on the Storage.
But the config file / gui shows still the snapshot.

Can I just edit the config file (vim/etc/pve/qemu-server/139.conf) and remove the part with the snapshot?
Do I need to stop the vm first?

Regards, Urs

I don't see any leftovers on the Storage.
If there really is nothing more,

Can I just edit the config file (vim/etc/pve/qemu-server/139.conf) and remove the part with the snapshot?
then yes.

Do I need to stop the vm first?
No.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!