PVE-5 Crashes when Backing up or Restoring

DavidT

Sep 24, 2017
Hi PVE Community,

So I am running a fresh new Proxmox instance, it has been built from scratch and on newer hardware to my old system.

However I have hit some major hurdles, basicaly when trying to restore a backup from another machine (Used PVE-PVE SCP Backup method) it crashes at either 76% or 78% and then locks the system up, forcing me to have to reboot by doing a full powercycle.

I have also tried it through the GUI and yet again it locks the entire system up, however in the GUI it does it when it gets over approx. 20%.

The logs in the GUI console do not ellude to much, so I was wondering if someone else has experienced this before? Other than the crashes on backup or restore, it runs fine and the GUI is much smoother than 4.4.

Happy to take adivce :)

Cheers,

David.

Hi Alwin,

Yes you are right I just did default, I should have spent more time readon install notes as I was not aware that there was another way :(

Feel a little silly now, but thank you for that link and I will research it and spend some time working on it :)

Cheers,

David.

Hi Alwin, it does not appear that I have installed this as ZFS.

When I follow that guide it says one of the following:

root@vm:~# zpool status
The ZFS modules are not loaded.

root@vm:~# zfs list
no datasets available

So I am not sure what is going on, but I still cannot make a backup or restore one :(

Any further assistance at all on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!