pve 5 and ceph gui problem

Smarti

Aug 5, 2017
Hi,

I've just installed pve 5 on 3 nodes and wanted to try out ceph. The problem is that the osd gui screen times out and is therefore inoperable. I set up an osd using the cli, as per the pve ceph docs, in the hope that the gui would work once something was there to display but it still times out. I realise that the notes warn that this isn't production ready so this could be one of the reasons but cannot find any reference to anyone else having same issue. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I am missing?

Thanks!

Would it be be best to wait as I intend to use this as production cluster and have subscription? Is this a known issue?

I suggest you continue testing and learn managing Ceph, stable packages are expected soon.

The issue was that there was no ceph-mgr running.

pveceph createmgr

resolved the issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!