PVE 5.1 Network Drops (ASRock ep2c602-4l)

eBell

Jun 11, 2017
Hello, I have been having some issues with my PVE setup recently.

I thought my server was crashing because I would lose access to all my VMs & the ProxMox web GUI, but when I managed to check the console redirect through my IPMI I saw that PVE was still running as normal.

So from this, I have concluded that the network service is dropping for some reason because restarting the server restored my connection to the ProxMox web GUI but now any of my running VMs.
I had to console into the VMs and shut them down so I could reboot and restore normal network operations.

My motherboard is the ASRock ep2c602-4l/d16 and I'm not using any 3rd party NICs, just the Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller that is on my motherboard.
I'm currently using 4 of the 6 available ethernet ports if that helps any.

I don't think the issue is being caused by the motherboard itself because the ASRock Rack IMPI is still accessible, and should be inaccessible if it was caused by the motherboard.

Last edited:
Please provide also kernel.log/syslog and any other information like network configuration, storage, etc.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!