[SOLVED] PVE 4.1 Intel Xeon D 1541's SoC X552/X557 sr-iov issue/failed

elurex

Oct 28, 2015
Taiwan
I have install latest PVE 4.1 and also update it to the latest pve kernel and also other packages.

pve1.jpg

In bios, I have ensured that sr-iov function is turned on. (also bios is updated to the latest version)
bios1.jpg

However, I am not able to enable x552/x557's sr-iov function (which uses intel ixgbe driver)
sr-iov_failed.jpg
On the same board, it has nother NIC intel i350, it has no problem turn on SR-IOV

If I switch OS to Ubuntu 15.10. I am able to enable x552/x557's sr-iov
sr-iov1.png

Ubuntu OS & Kernel Info
sr-iov3.png
sr-iov2.png

This issue can only be solve by PVE team with the correct version of kernel or correct version of intel ixgbe driver.

Last edited:
Hello,
I used following setting and made X552& X520 sr-iov enabled.

Code:
echo "options ixgbe allow_unsupported_sfp=1,1 max_vfs=4,4,4,4" > /etc/modprobe.d/ixgbe.conf
depmod -a
update-initramfs -u

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!