PVE 3.1 Console not working

screenie

Jul 21, 2009
Hello,

I'm just testing PVE 3.1 (single node setup) on Debian 7 based on the wiki install guide (http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Wheezy)
So far everything went fine but when i start a newly created w2k8 vm and want to open the console i'm getting this error:

no connection : Connection timed out
TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 400 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1

Any ideas?

thx,
Alex

Hello,

I'm just testing PVE 3.1 (single node setup) on Debian 7 based on the wiki install guide (http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Wheezy)
So far everything went fine but when i start a newly created w2k8 vm and want to open the console i'm getting this error:

TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 10 -c '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 400 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1

Any ideas?

thx,
Alex
Hi,
the java-plugin in your browser is enabled and up-to-date? (Which version?)

Udo

i do have this quite frequently - if i use a slow client, where the java startup takes a bit longer; in my case, the 2nd try using "reload" in console window then usually succeeds.

Thanks for your suggestions - tried latest Java version, refreshing and the checkboxes that i'm not asked again but nothing helped;
I remembered i had also several strange issues a while ago and the solution was to deactivate McAfee - and that was also the solution here :-(
So i just de-installed McAfee and installed Avira and everything is fine now...

Thanks,
Alex

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!