Proxmxo 2.0 + Intel SASUC8i Passthrough

BitRausch

Renowned Member
Mar 16, 2009
Muenster
Hi guys,

long time no see :) and that because my pve server 1.9 is running so smooth !!
But now I have some time and a brand new spare machine and I set it up 2 days ago to check the shiny new Proxmox VE 2.0 and see what is coming ;-).
My first impression is: wow - verryyy nice :)

I am planing to consolidate a couple of computers I am using since I am running out of space. One machine is an OpenIndiana+Napp-It ZFS Storage Server. For that I am using an Intel SASUC8i controller with the IT-Firmware meaning the raid functionality is not used. The disk gets directly passed through to the OS.

The question I have:
Is it possible to passthrough a controller card directly to the VM? I read about TV cards but not about any storage cards. Any expierence with this kind of setup anyone?

Here is the new setup:
Supermicro X9SCM-F
Xeon e3-1230
16 GB ECC RAM
Adaptec 5405 + 4 x 500 GB RAID 10 (Proxmox PVE)

Now I would like to add the card mentioned above and pass it to an OpenIndiana VM and eliminate the physical box.

I could add disk directly to the vm but the board has only 4 x 3GB SATAII and 2x6GB SATAIII and I do have more disks.

This is for personal use only. So I do not mind to run a virtual storage server.

kind regards
B.

Hi Udo,

thx for the answer!!!. I did not thought about it. I do not have any expierence with blacklisting a module but I will check if I can find more information.

cheers
B.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!