proxmox5 kernel config

efeu

Renowned Member
Nov 6, 2015
You mentioned here that PINCTRL_AMD will be disabled, but it's not. Neither in 4.10.1-2-pve nor in 4.10.5-1-pve, so I alwas have to compile the kernel by my own, but this kinda sucks. Could you please change this parameter in your kernel config?

You mentioned here that PINCTRL_AMD will be disabled, but it's not. Neither in 4.10.1-2-pve nor in 4.10.5-1-pve, so I alwas have to compile the kernel by my own, but this kinda sucks. Could you please change this parameter in your kernel config?

I am afraid disabling that might have unintended side effects on other main boards, depending on how stuff is wired up. I'd rather wait for that specific broken mainboard to be blacklisted or a BIOS update that fixes the issue.

Maybe building the kernel with pinctrl-amd as module instead of compiled in would be an option?

Hi efeu,

could you please help me compiling the kernel without pinctrl-amd, or do you have it uploaded anywhere? I'm stuck with the same problem (owning a gigabyte gaming5).

Cheers,
Till

@fabian: I read, that compiling it as module would be sufficiant to solve the problem. I would appreciate that :)

Hi efeu,

could you please help me compiling the kernel without pinctrl-amd, or do you have it uploaded anywhere? I'm stuck with the same problem (owning a gigabyte gaming5).

Cheers,
Till

@fabian: I read, that compiling it as module would be sufficiant to solve the problem. I would appreciate that :)

could you file a bug report for easier tracking? thanks.

Hi Fabian, a bug report for what?

Me failing in compiling the proxmox kernel? That one doesn't exist, I'm novice and just succeeded in compiling the ubuntu kernel and the debian kernel, did not even start to compile the proxmox kernel because of lack of knowledge :)

Or do you mean a bugreport for my issue with pinctrl-amd? That happens, if I try to install proxmox 5 and it just throws an infinit amount of vector 07 faults. I think it's the exact same issue efeu has, since disabling pinctrl-amd is the suggested workaround for the gigabyte boards.

Cheers,
Till

EDIT: typos...

Last edited:
a bug report/enhancement request for moving that module from compiled in to modular ;)

the patches from 1671360 has been included in pve-kernel for some time.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!