Proxmox VNC only works on node your connected to

C

Chris Rivera

VNC only works on the node that you are connected to.

Originally this only happened on node 9... for some reason node 9 VNC has never worked. We provision on another node then migrate to this node, cause once its on this node we cannot VNC to it.

We have a miami cluster with 11 nodes. If you connect to node 1 VNC only works for vms on node 1. VNC will not work with any other vms on any other node. This issue is a new issue as VNC use to from all nodes but 9.

Any reason why this is happening?

ssh connection from one node to another works without using passwords?

I have the same problem.
Posted it already here:
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/11...on-t-open-when-opened-from-the-different-node
But a related question arose: Should their names be resolvable via DNS or /etc/hosts as well?
I can ssh from one node to another using their IP addresses WITHOUT using passwords.
But I didn't modify the /etc/hosts file on the nodes so that they could be found by their names. Could that be a reason?

The last messages in the VNC console window when I open it from the different node are "Status: plain authentication" and after that "Error: authentication failed". After that I get a blank window and that's all.
1.png2.png

Reload button doesn't solve the problem

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!