Proxmox VE 5.0 and webgui SSL Cert

Amoranlan

Jul 13, 2017
Hello,

I am new to Proxmox and have purchased a Comodo SSL certificate to use with a web facing install. However, I was given a .crt, bundle and private key file. Every time I try to setup the new certificate I am left with a webgui I cannot access. Once I restore the originals I am able to regain access. How does one go about installing a new certificate?

i have this same problem everytime when i follow this guide https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/HTTPS_Certificate_Configuration_(Version_4.x_and_newer)
can you please tell me were i need to put the bundle in with file
and the domain cert in witch file

and if i look at the guide i need a private key from my ca but
the only files i have is a bundle, linux files (Geotrust_Global_CA.crt,RapidSSL_SHA256_CA.crt),and then one domein cert
no private key

in the guid they talk about these 2 files
pveproxy-ssl.pem
pveproxy-ssl.key

i can't find them
i can only find these 2 files ( assuming they are meant to be the same)
pve-ssl.pem
pve-ssl.key

greets remco

Last edited:
no, pve-ssl.pem and pve-ssl.key are the self-signed certificates and should stay like they are (if you have replaced them, please follow the guide to get back to the default settings!). you need to put your private key into pveproxy-ssl.key, and your certificate (and any certificates you need to chain to a trusted root) into pveproxy-ssl.pem , and then restart pveproxy. both files should be in PEM format.

Hello!
I've accidentally delete
pve-ssl.pem
pve-ssl.key

Is it possible to restore them ?
I found two files: pve-root-ca.pem, pve-www.key in /etc/pve folder.
Is it possible reissue certificate by myself based on pve-root-ca.pem pve-www.key ?

you can generate new one with
Code:
pvecm updatecerts

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!