Proxmox SPICE VDI Solution

Raymond Burns

Apr 2, 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
I need some help. Is there any workflow that can be used to boot a client PC (without OS) directly into a SPICE VM?
I want to offload my complete Computer Lab and Staff PC's to my Proxmox Cluster.

I've seen OSDVT and Cantivo, but those seem to be all in one solutions. I just need the client side of the software, as Proxmox already provides the server VM and SPICE connection.

I dont think PVE is the soluton you want (until at least they have a user portal and or API support). It's a perfect backend server environment. it's just not designed around the concepts needed for true VDI. I'd suggest you look at the others as proposed by Mir and add http://www.foss-cloud.org to the mix.
It is a little over board on it's need for vlans for the single server build and the documentation is lacking in the LDAP/Active Directory area, but it does work very well, being designed from the ground up as a VDI infrastructure.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!