proxmox reverse proxy - Error 502: Bad Gateway - IIS

WL_

May 13, 2018
Hi guys,

i'm trying to enable a reverse proxy via the "URL Rewrite" module in IIS hosted on a Windows 2016 Server pointing to my proxmox machine (proxmox.domain.com to 192.168.2.115:8006).
I configured everything, but when i try to access proxmox via "proxmox.domain.com" i get the following error:
Attachment 1*

The URL Rewrite rule looks like this:
Attachment 2*

I confirmed that URL Rewrite is actually working by pointing a random subdomain to a different webserver inside my network and accessed it internally and externally to be safe.

Would any kind soul be nice enough to help a noob like myself?

-WL

*can't post any external links, since i'm a new user. sorry

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.png
    2.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 55
Do you have Websocket proxing enabled? This is also required.

There exist a tutorial for nginx for reverse proxing and the required configuration, maybe you can adapt it to IIS:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Web_Interface_Via_Nginx_Proxy

Personally, I've never seen any IIS questions on this forum, so you may be on your own with this. Fortunately, I've also never seen an IIS in any production environment I used or worked with, so I cannot help you either.

Hi guys,

i'm trying to enable a reverse proxy via the "URL Rewrite" module in IIS hosted on a Windows 2016 Server pointing to my proxmox machine (proxmox.domain.com to 192.168.2.115:8006).
I configured everything, but when i try to access proxmox via "proxmox.domain.com" i get the following error:
Attachment 1*

The URL Rewrite rule looks like this:
Attachment 2*

I confirmed that URL Rewrite is actually working by pointing a random subdomain to a different webserver inside my network and accessed it internally and externally to be safe.

Would any kind soul be nice enough to help a noob like myself?

-WL

*can't post any external links, since i'm a new user. sorry
:( I had the same problem!Did you solve it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!