Proxmox randomly limiting bandwidth to ~4 MB/s

MrGreen

Oct 24, 2016
I am in the process of migrating one ProxMox node to a new box with better specs. Sadly, after a short while I found a problem with the bandwidth. Suddenly it limits incoming and outgoing bandwidth to 4-15 MB/s.

vUOIQ.png

I know you may ask background stuff etc. But this is with NOTHING else running, suddenly throughput just falls to that limit.

Only rebooting the VM solves this issue shortly, so if I take a VM and reboot it. The first 10 minutes or so, there's no problem. Then suddenly it appears again.

Stuff I have tried:
- Tried a number of different network devices in the config, restarted every time.
- Tried different host IP's on the VM's.
- Tried different download hosts, all show similar results. Limits suddenly.
- Tried one host to show before download with 100 MB/s, and another to show the random limit.
- Tried different operating systems on VM.
- Tried setting up a VPN and connect to it from my PC, Speedtest shows same result.
- Tried allocating more RAM, CPU etc. To the individual VM's.
- Tried creating new VM's with, and without bandwidth rate limit set in config.
- Tried setting up a webserver and see if upload from the VM was limited too, it was, just as speedtest. - Tried running only a single VM at once, same result.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!