Proxmox migration to another disk with clonezilla

Oriol10

Sep 15, 2021
Hi there. I am fairly new to proxmox and had a little problem the other day. The other day I decided to change the main disk where Proxmox is installed. The fact is that I wanted to change it because that disk that was being used needed it for another project. So I was looking for information on how to migrate Proxmox to another disk. The only thing I found was with clonezilla, duplicating the disk to another.

I did it. Proxmox works perfectly, it has all the same information as before. Everything was good. But there is a problem in storage. By copying the same as the previous disk, the partitions have also been duplicated in the same way. The fact is that the old hard drive was 120GB and the current one is 300GB. The problem is that I do not know how to increase the capacity of the partitions of the hard drives.

I have been doing some research and have seen that I would have to increase the pve / data capacity. I have tried "lvextend pve/data -L + 30GB" but it tells me that there is not enough space. So I understand that I have to give more space to the partition that is above it. I'm a bit lost and I don't know how to do it.

The objective is to increase the capacity of the disk where the virtual machines are stored.

Attached screenshots of lsblk and others to see if you can help me.

I hope you explained to me in the best possible way.

Greetings

Attachments

• local.jpg
    local.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 48
  • local-lvm.jpg
    local-lvm.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 46
  • lsblk.jpg
    lsblk.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 49

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!