Proxmox in VMWare high CPU Consumption

ThomasMueller

Aug 27, 2007
Hi everybody,

I use Proxmox appliance 2.0 in a VMWare enviroment and was very happy about the quick and easy way to set it up.

Everything works ok besides the fact that the VMware instance, which is running the Proxmox appliance is using all available CPU Time on the host machine, even if there is no incoming mail to process (we only receive 30 or so per day mails on this test setup).

I suspected the clam av. but even after stopping this service the cpu time consumption goes on.

Does anybody know about this phenomenon?

Best

Thomas

Hi everybody,

I use Proxmox appliance 2.0 in a VMWare enviroment and was very happy about the quick and easy way to set it up.

Everything works ok besides the fact that the VMware instance, which is running the Proxmox appliance is using all available CPU Time on the host machine, even if there is no incoming mail to process (we only receive 30 or so per day mails on this test setup).

I suspected the clam av. but even after stopping this service the cpu time consumption goes on.

Does anybody know about this phenomenon?

Best

Thomas

I moved your posting to the Mail Gateway forum as it has nothing to do with Proxmox VE.

First, clamav and other packages makes no sense if they are outdated, so please use the latest version of the Mail Gateway including hotfix 3190.

To see which process consumes the high load:

> go to the console and type "top" to see the top processes.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!