Proxmox import ovf hangs at 100%

L1243

Sep 28, 2020
Hello,

i freshly installes my Proxmox. Now i wanted to move my ESX VM's to Proxmox (was alerady working with other Proxmos Hosts).

I transfer the .vmdk and .ovf to Proxmox. Than started the qm importovf....., thats starting and working until it reaches 100%.

At 100% my complete Proxmox hangs, cant access logs and storage informations anymore. My local storages are market as "?".

All Updates are installed

Hi,

importingovf copies disk images and does some configuration. The 100% is only for the "copies disk images" part, and not for the whole import process. How long have you waited for it to complete after the log showed 100%?

Waited a whole night. Than it was finished, for a 70GB VM.

I think my raid is the problem. When I copy something on an already installed VM, the completely Proxmox is slow and the disks in Proxmox are marked with a "?"

I think my raid is the problem.
This might well be. It might make sense to compare this with a different storage for your VMs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!