proxmox host

S

Sagiv Loubaton

Hay i'm sagiv and i'm new in this forum and proxmox
I have it installed and i want to give it a domain name
I know how to use apache but think its a bit of a overkill isn't it?

Are there batter ways to use proxmox UI over the web?
And security is that an issue with proxmox log in?
Maybe htaccess will help secure it batter?

Thank you in advance sagiv

I don't think you are really using a proxmox ui. Technically I believe you should have replaced the default hostname example with your own fully qualified domain name. This still is only qualifed by structure and only works from your IP address behind your own router modem or secondary dns server. You have to get a dedicated IP from your Internet Service Provider to host the net with your own domain name the dedicated IP should allow you to host multiple FQDN's. If this info is wrong and proxmox actually does offer hosting for FQDN's I'd love to hear more. Also if you are planning a hosted service I might be interested not aware of anyone proxmox exclusive.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!