Proxmox HA. Group of servers?

Shturman

Renowned Member
May 1, 2015
Dear frinds.
I have a proxmox cluster with 20 servers. Half of them are using for the backends and have only internal network connection. The second half using for frontends and have internal and external (internet) connection.

I tried to use HA - I aded all nodes to fence domain, changed Proxmox config, etc. And it is working well, except one thing. I have no adea of the "destination" node for VMs from the broken node. It can be node with internal and internet connection and the VM will work. But if it will be node with only internal network the VM will stop.
Different example. I have 4 servers with 128b RAM and only 32Gb RAM on rest servers. So if one of 128Gb broken I would like to be sure the VM will move to other 128Gb node, but not to 32Gb server. In other words I would like to combine 4 nodes to one group and other nodes to different group. If node is crashed the VM should move to different node in the same group of nodes.

So my question is:
Is it possible to make a groups of nodes for HA VMs?

Thank you in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!