Proxmox GUI with just only a few options

lojasyst

Apr 10, 2012
Hello

Some months ago I installed a sata hard disk in proxmox as directory storage but unfortunately failed after some weeks of use. Then I realized that most of the datacenter options had gone but only "search" and "users" options stayed.

So I installed proxmox in another machine and I setup as cluster both proxmox machines. So with the second machine I see all options of both machines, but with the first one I can see just "search" and "users" in both.

It is not about user permissions because In am signing as root in both also I created some other users with all permissions. Also I upgraded to 2.2 but the same problem.

What can I do to restore normal behaviour in the first proxmox machine?

Thanks

proxmox.png

Last edited:
remove the failed storage, definition in /etc/pve/storage.cfg

After the problem I replaced the hard disk and changed /etc/pve/storage.cfg according to the new one.

So now i have in
/etc/pve/storage.cfg

dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
shared
content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir
maxfiles 0

dir: disco1tb
path /var/log/disco4
shared
content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir,backup
maxfiles 1

Of course /var/log/disco4 exists and there is some working VMs inside but I can only manage them through the GUI of the other node.

Thanks

you cannot set the flag "shared" to a non-shared disk. remove it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!