Proxmox firewall and 3rd party firewalls

dik23

Apr 3, 2011
Quick question...

I'm running Shorewall on my Proxmox, will the new Proxmox firewall have any effect on this setup ?

I presume that both are front ends for iptables but better safe than sorry.

Thanks

I've been using Shorewall with Proxmox for years but now when I get

Code:
shorewall restart
Compiling...
Processing /etc/shorewall/params ...
Processing /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf...

It hangs there. I have to ctrl-c three times to get it to continue. Each time I get this in syslog

Code:
kernel: Can't find ip_set type hash:ip

A search for that error produces nothing, it's like it's an error that doesn't exist !

I'm unable to alter my shorewall configuration because of this, and I have to say I'm quite concerned about the result of a reboot.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
No one have any idea about this ? I've never had any problems with Shorewall until the recent update

I have several Proxmox VE servers with shorewall upgraded to 3.3, no issues here. I plan to move these from shorewall to Proxmox VE firewall step by step.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!