[SOLVED] Proxmox disk is full, can boot and root, but no QM manager

turdor

Apr 2, 2017
Long story short:
ssd is full, can boot server w some errors on boot, can login root, but can not run any qm commands even qm list - i/o error

what to do? If I add some drive does it help? How to add drive without web interface?

May I just move VMs manually to new hdd, format and setup proxmox 5 on same ssd from scratch and move those VMS manually or from web interface back? I want to upgrade to 5 anyway.

Long version:
1. Proxmox 4.x (I guess 4.4, spring 2017), zfs 250 GB SSD, Win10 templates and VMs, OSX templates and VMs. Direct pass through of video card and USB's. Only ssh, no LAN, so no web interface, I use USB Wi-Fi in VMs.
2. After automatic update on win10 (probably on 2 win VM,s one by one) win got boot loop/restore to previous version.
3. I found out in proxmox terminal i/o error, disk full, can not write...
4. shot down of win 10 from ssh qm manager do not work (can not write some file, disk full I guess)
5. manual shutdown of a proxmox server (power)
6. boot w errors, root OK, no qm list, no qm destroy VM xxxx, (I thought Rican destroy one of VMS and free some space)

qm list returns:
Ipcc_send_rec failed: Connection refused

tail -50 /var/log/syslog returns number of errors, most like:
Buffer I/O error on dev zd80, logical block xxxxxx, lost async page write

Last edited:
Maybe time to remove from disk something of low value, that can be restored later, i.e. some os-images or vm-templates. Reboot and then you can add disks...

Reactions: turdor
Maybe time to remove from disk something of low value

Yes! Exactly, thank you Rhinox, but how from ssh? I thought I can find where is iso's in /etc/pve/storage.cfg, but file is not there... actually there is nothing in this folder at all (

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!