Proxmox community

zustudios

Renowned Member
Dec 13, 2015
Hi I'm new to proxmox 4. I'm thinking about buying a support subscription. I asked a few important questions just to not even get a reply. Is the only way to get help with proxmox 4 is to pay or does anyone help anybody? Before I pay I would like to know more about this forum. Is it active?:( .I see new post as of today from the staff.Am I being ignored or is this just a slow forum? I like proxmox 4 so far from "trail and error" but I need some real help. My question is will I get help from the forum for free or only if I pay?proxmox server1 ispconfig 3.png

Hi,
Is the only way to get help with proxmox 4 is to pay or does anyone help anybody? Before I pay I would like to know more about this forum. Is it active?:( .
I'm also new to this forum. As far as I can see, it's a small but active community which tries to help whenever it's possible. Please consider that the core team sometimes like to have a weekend without computers. :) So if you start a thread on saturday, be patient and stay polite even when there's no answer till sunday!
And: Of course it's free! :)

Greets from Germany
Stephan

Last edited:
The community forum is a platform for the community, moderated by Proxmox Staff member. If you ask a clear question, you will get an answer quite fast from someone.

So far I do not see a question, you just point your browser to a port which is not used by proxmox ve. check again the basic installation guide.

If you need dedicated technical support with guaranteed answering times, consider a suitable commercial support subscription.

Ok. Will do. Do you know any up to date tutorials on using proxmox 4 as a vps service ? Excuse me I'm a newbie to the industry. Starting off small. Do I need to do any thing to my router so that everything is controlled through proxmox? Right now my proxmox is in my router's dmz.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!