Proxmox changes the fontsize in a signature

erwin

Jan 24, 2006
Dear reader,

I have a weird problem on 2 proxmox implementations.
Sometimes the corporate users get weird signatures, like they get really really big fontsizes. It mostly happens to a url that's in the signature.
I have experienced this error on 2 proxmox sites.

They are both in evaluation mode, using a free licence.
Both sites use Exchange 2003 as MTA. One site is a Small Business server 2003 site, the other is just plain Windows 2003.
Mail clients used is on both sites Outlook 2003, but it doesn't seem to be a Outlook problem. It happens to incoming as well as outgoing email.

I hope someone has similiar problems or even a solution!
Thanks in advance, Erwin

Hi Erwin
It is no Proxmox problem!
Proxmox Mail Gateway doesn't change html code in e-mails.
It is a common technik that mailprovider filter html code and sometimes loosing information, in your case stylesheets.

We are interested in this problem so please send me a private email to: michael@proxmox.com
forward to me the original source code from the mails (send with sig. ok, receive with corrupt sig.) and send me the header information of the mails.

Best regards, Michael Pilz

erwin said:
Dear reader,

I have a weird problem on 2 proxmox implementations.
Sometimes the corporate users get weird signatures, like they get really really big fontsizes. It mostly happens to a url that's in the signature.
I have experienced this error on 2 proxmox sites.

They are both in evaluation mode, using a free licence.
Both sites use Exchange 2003 as MTA. One site is a Small Business server 2003 site, the other is just plain Windows 2003.
Mail clients used is on both sites Outlook 2003, but it doesn't seem to be a Outlook problem. It happens to incoming as well as outgoing email.

I hope someone has similiar problems or even a solution!
Thanks in advance, Erwin

Hi

We released a hotfix, build 1102. We recommend to install the hotfix to all 1.3 installations. This hotfix includes a fix for the signature problem as well.
How to:
1. Download the Hotfix
www.Proxmox.com - Products - Mail Gateway - Download
2. Upload the servicepack via the web interface 3. No reboot necessary, but check if on the startpage the build number is now 1102 and if all services are running.

Best regards, Michael Pilz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!