proxmox cannot be installed on HP servers?

oren

Sep 5, 2017
hello

we are trying to buy HPE DL360 Gen9 servers
and for some reason we have been told by HPE live chat that debian / proxmox is not supported
i find that odd can someone please confirm if its true or not?

thanks in advance

I have installed it on a ML350 gen9, so yours should not be a problem.

debian / proxmox is not supported
I think that only means that they haven't tested that setup and aren't obliged to help you with any issues you might encounter. You should be free to try, though.

hello

we are trying to buy HPE DL360 Gen9 servers
and for some reason we have been told by HPE live chat that debian / proxmox is not supported
i find that odd can someone please confirm if its true or not?

thanks in advance

Yep it works on the HP servers but HP will not support you if you have issues related between the hardware and OS. Typically they are pretty good at helping anyway, but its something to keep in mind if your not the best at tracking down issues and troubleshooting.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!