Proxmox as IaaS or public cloud - possible or not?

RRJ

Apr 14, 2010
Estonia, Tallinn
Hello, dear community!
I'm currently working on my own project and looking for a solution that could be used as IaaS or public cloud platform. That far (since proxmox 1.2) I've been using Proxmox as enterprise virtualization platform and was pretty happy with it. So is Proxmox capable or even suitable for public services platform? All I need is secure, simple and agile solution. The main problem is to disable clients using other IP than they've received from DHCP (I will parse KVM configuration files for MAC-s and set them to receive statics from DHCP server right after KVM guest was created)? Usually such things could be done by http://libvirt.org/formatnwfilter.html, but Proxmox does not support this (http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/14710-libvirt-mac-ip-filtering). So I'm wondering if someone using Proxmox as such platform or it does not able to suit all the need as public cloud solutions? Would be very nice if developers could cover this issue here also.Thank you.

Hi,
After spice integration, I'll try to work on dhcp managment inside proxmox, guest ip managmenent , routing configuration,...
So I'll think it should be easy to add this kind of security filters after this. (but it should take some months before all is done)

Could you fill a request in bugzilla.proxmox.com ?

Hi,
After spice integration, I'll try to work on dhcp managment inside proxmox, guest ip managmenent , routing configuration,...
So I'll think it should be easy to add this kind of security filters after this. (but it should take some months before all is done)

Could you fill a request in bugzilla.proxmox.com ?

Be careful Alexandre, you will compete the project openstack ;-)

Thank's for your help and work.

So it is possible or not?. I tried doing something similar with pools and user permissions but couldn't find a way to limit pool availble resources

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!