Proxmox and a Dell R610 - Connecting to web interface

chopin2020

Jun 14, 2020
Hi,

So, I have a Dell R610 with iDrac 6 and have installed Proxmox. iDrac has a wired ethernet cable and a static IP on my router of 192.168.0.120. I am accessing the virtual console from my Windows 10 PC, connected to Wifi and has an IP address of 192.168.0.23. I am able to connect to the virtual console with no issues.

When Proxmox loads it tells me the web address for the server is 192.168.100.2:8006. I am unable to access this from my Windows 10 machine, the page fails to load. In proxmox, if I log into the terminal, I am unable to ping anything on the internet, Google for instance, but I do get a response when I ping the web interface on 192.168.100.2:8006.

This is all very new to me, but it seems my proxmox installation does not have network access. Along with the dedicated iDrac ethernet lead I have connected, I also have an ethernet lead connected to the NIC on eno1. If I run ip addr in proxmox I get that eno1 is up and it also has vmbr0 with the following

inet 192.168.100.2/24

brd 192.168.100.255

I would be grateful for any insights as to what I am missing here.

I am a noob here, so any other information you require then please let me know.

Thanks

Well, you have 192.168.0.23/24 on your Windows but 192.168.100.2/24 on your Proxmox. Those are not the same network so of course you can't connect. Where did PVE get 192.168.100.2 from? Did you type it in? Did it pull automatically from your router?

Basically your Windows and PVE need to be on the same network. If you change your Windows to 192.168.100.3 or something else that doesn't conflict with another device on that network, then you'll be able to connect. But I can't be sure that is the right thing without more information. What IP addresses do other devices on your network have?

The contents of /etc/network/interfaces would be helpful as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!