Proxmox 5 iso installation and network

Baptiste M

Jan 4, 2017
Paris, France
humanoid.fr
Hi,

On my online.net server (dedibox ENT 2016 SSD), I would like to install proxmox via the virtual console provided by the Dell iDrac KVM on IP.

A the beginning of the installer, it seems to call a DHCP request. At the same moment, I lost the access to the console. When I return, virtual media is disconnected and the installer dead.

The proxmox 4.4 installer doesn't have the problem, and it shows a screen to setup IP.

Is there a boot option to configure a static IP? Or to manually deal with the installer IP.

Thanks,

PVE 4.4 also does dhcp (but only on eth0, PVE 5 does it on all interfaces). which iso did you use exactly?

proxmox-ve_5.1-3.iso
Ok, If DHCP is done on all interfaces, I am not astonished that it disable my console.
What can I do ?
How can I tell the installer to only use eth0 (actually eno3 with new kernel :D)

the (access to the) iKVM console should be unaffected by anything we do in the installer, as the iKVM/iLO/IPMI network stack is not accessable from the host (at least not directly).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!