Proxmox 5.2 Windows console login issue

kumarullal

Renowned Member
Jun 17, 2009
LA, USA
I have windows server 2008 r2 virtualized (P2V).
Hard disk is scsci0 with qcow2.
Network is Virtio.
The Proxmox version is 5.2-1
It was working just fine for a few days. However, now it is not taking any characters on the NoNVC console. So I cannot login through the console. The RDP works.
Other issue is that the vm hangs (I think after backup) and until I don't reset the VM, it does not work.
These are new problems.
please help me
Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Spell / keyboard layout correctros, like Punto Switcher.
If you have single keyboard layout, I don't think you use one of these.

You are right. I don use one of those.
However, what is the issue according to you. Why the console doesn't take any characters so that I can log in.

Sometimes I facing similar issue. I choose console window by clicking it top bar and start to enter characters but see no input.
Clicking on window top is not enough and I have to click inside of window -- and viola, I can enter.
What browser do you use?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!