proxmox 5.0 lxc debian 9.0 template can't ssh - bridged

yaboc

Renowned Member
Nov 13, 2012
hi

I just installed proxmox 5 and upgraded to the latest version. i downloaded template within proxmox for debian 9.0 standard. i then created a lxc container from it and gave it an ip of 192.168.1.57/32

Template has sshd configured by default. when i try to ssh to it, it's not even reaching it. times out. i thought maybe there's something wrong with it so i installed unifi which isntalls a web server on 8443 and it's not connecting to that either from a local pc on the same 192.168.1.0/24 network.
I've only dealt with kvm as far as proxmox goes this is my first try with containers. is there anything im doing wrong. any help is appreciated.

Thanks

With this the CT has only access to its own IP, from its point of view.
Use:
Code:
192.168.1.57/24
And it should work as it then may reach the whole /24 subnet

thank you t.lamprecht, this worked. i guess i got confused on how to fill out the GUI wizard for the CT. It thought it wanted a single IP in CIDR notation. thanks for clarifying it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!