ProxMox 5.0 Add Cluster Failure

kcraptor82

Oct 17, 2016
root@pve2_silvermoon:~# pvecm add pve2_silvermoon
The authenticity of host 'pve2_silvermoon (192.168.1.126)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:tmFI+4LIYrajENxvI1aoJIqyqBwVAr4w5pouWdOGnRY.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
400 Parameter verification failed.
node: invalid format - value does not look like a valid node name

pvecm addnode <node> [OPTIONS]
unable to add node: command failed (ssh pve2_silvermoon -o BatchMode=yes pvecm addnode pve2_silvermoon --force 1)
root@pve2_silvermoon:~#

I can't get this to add to my cluster for some reason?

Thank you, I noticed that was the problem after wiping both machines and restarting over. I got it fixed now, and I couldn't find that link for some reasons earlier, appreciate your time!

Hello, It is perfectly valid to have underscores in the hostname as it is said in RFC 2181, section 11, "Name syntax"

Examples of servers with '_' in their names:

_jabber._tcp.gmail.com
_sip._udp.apnic.net.

Route 53 and other DNS servers accepts hostnames with '_' characters.

The UI does not accept names with '_' though. Could you please fix it?

PS: The restriction is with domain names. But hostnames inside the domain name with '_' are legal and valid names.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!