Proxmox 4 Html / css Theme

FcbInfo

Renowned Member
Dec 21, 2012
Hi there.

I know that's not important and for sure, I'm not talking bad things about html/css/javascript of proxmox 4 theme, it's good and is following the trend of the market.

Anyway, I'm just ask for this question because I work long time with version 3 and I wants to know if is possible to use html theme of version 3 inside proxmox version 4.

If I get only css files from old version and paste inside theme folder of version 4, this will work?

When I'm writing this post, I got an Idea of that maybe will work and I'll share it for other peoples who wants the same of me.

Install old version of proxmox inside an vps, get theme files from old version, and use a software like winmerge to compare html/css/javascript with newer version to see if that has new codes and make it compatible.

I hope that staff from proxmox don't think me talking bad things about new version. That's a good job, I only want this because of the habitual use of the old style!

Thank you and sorry about my bad english!

That most probably will not work without a lot of extra effort, as the underlying framework was upgraded from ExtJS 4 to ExtJS6. In other words, you would have to recreate the old layout (or something resembling the old layout) using the new framework. Note that this is not just CSS - but also a lot of JavaScript code.

Well, JavaScript is not my main programming language.

Let's try in other way then. Try to get habitual with this new design instead of get a lot of work.

Thank you Fabian for the fast reply!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!